From a Saddle Creek email:

As you probably already know, March 10th will mark the release of Mama, I'm Swollen, the sixth studio album from Cursive. We are writing today to offer you the chance to take advantage of a special promotion we are running.

As of today, March 1st, Mama, I'm Swollen in MP3 format is available for $1 exclusively in the Saddle Creek Online Store.

On March 2nd, it will be $2

March 3rd, $3

March 4th, $4

etc, etc

until March 10th when the record hits the shelves, at which point the MP3 files will remain at their regular price of $9.

This promotion only applies to the digital MP3 version of Mama, I'm Swollen. CD and Deluxe LP physical editions are also available, and include an instant MP3 download of the record, deluxe art and a download card for additional bonus music and videos. Here is a breakdown of each option:

CD: Full color 19x14 fold out poster featuring hand written lyrics by Tim Kasher, a download card for bonus material, and limited edition digipack case. Also includes an instant MP3 download of the record.

The CD will ship from here on March 3rd.

Bonus Material:

All I Know

Song #1

Couldnt Love You (Demo)

What Have I Done (Demo)

In the Now (Demo)

Bonus tour videos

+ future bonus content

Deluxe LP: Deluxe packaging featuring CD of Mama, I'm Swollen, download card for bonus material, red 180 gram colored vinyl, gatefold jacket, and a 15 page book featuring hand written lyrics by Tim Kasher. Also includes an instant MP3 download of the record.

The LP will ship from here on or before May 5th.

Bonus Material:

All I Know

Song #1

Couldnt Love You (Demo)

What Have I Done (Demo)

In the Now (Demo)

Bonus tour videos

+ future bonus content

MP3: Mama, I'm Swollen in 320 Kbps MP3 files, a PDF of lyrics, and album cover.

ORDER MP3s

All formats are up for purchase now. Pick your version and head over to the Saddle Creek Online Store.

Thanks and we hope you enjoy Mama, I'm Swollen!

Saddle Creek

link

This is a great idea, but does anybody like Cursive? The Ugly Organ was good, but I have not heard anything else of theirs.

I'm a relatively new fan, but I prefer Happy Hollow to The Ugly Organ. I like The Ugly Organ (especially "Sierra" and "Art Is Hard"), but I really LOVE Happy Hollow.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else listened to the new album yet? I picked it up today and so far I dig the first four songs. I'm looking forward to listening to it at work at least a couple of times tomorrow.

One of my eight-month-old daughters didn't really dig it as much as her dad, but maybe she will when she's older. Cursive isn't really music for kids I suppose!

• 2 weeks later...