Damn can this guy put on a show. This was only my second time seeing him but it was more impressive than the first. He told far less stories but played far more songs. He did, however, manage to tell a story about Tony Bennett stealing $65 from him as well as meeting Slash in a hotel bar with Slash wearing nothing but accessories and "those tight shorts that only seem to be worn by Richard Simmons." He had about a 9-song list he brought on the stage with stuff he wanted to play and then took shout-outs from the audience. There was even a Wilco reference incorporated into one of the songs. During "Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" when he's describing his band's epic fall from stardom he ad-libbed a couple lines along the lines of the band moving back to Chicago and lugging Wilco's gear around. Kind of a surprising moment. In no particular order, he played:

The Ballad of The Kingsmen

Easy Money

Alright Guy

Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues

Tension (ad-libbed in some Michael Phelps-related humor)

DB Cooper

Beer Run

Tillamook County Jail

Play A Train Song

Conservative Christian...

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Just Like Old Times

The Devil You Know

Fortunate Son

There are probably a couple others I can't remember the names of or can't remember him playing. The man knows how to keep an audience tuned in and loving every minute. Great show and I'd recommend anyone to see him even if you have absolutely no idea of any song he sings.

Damn can this guy put on a show. This was only my second time seeing him but it was more impressive than the first. He told far less stories but played far more songs. He did, however, manage to tell a story about Tony Bennett stealing $65 from him as well as meeting Slash in a hotel bar with Slash wearing nothing but accessories and "those tight shorts that only seem to be worn by Richard Simmons." He had about a 9-song list he brought on the stage with stuff he wanted to play and then took shout-outs from the audience. There was even a Wilco reference incorporated into one of the songs. During "Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues" when he's describing his band's epic fall from stardom he ad-libbed a couple lines along the lines of the band moving back to Chicago and lugging Wilco's gear around. Kind of a surprising moment. In no particular order, he played:

The Ballad of The Kingsmen

Easy Money

Alright Guy

Talkin' Seattle Grunge Rock Blues

Tension (ad-libbed in some Michael Phelps-related humor)

DB Cooper

Beer Run

Tillamook County Jail

Play A Train Song

Conservative Christian...

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Just Like Old Times

The Devil You Know

Fortunate Son

There are probably a couple others I can't remember the names of or can't remember him playing. The man knows how to keep an audience tuned in and loving every minute. Great show and I'd recommend anyone to see him even if you have absolutely no idea of any song he sings.

I went too last night. Great show. I was really impressed with the way he wove it all together. I will see him when he comes around again for sure. Great crowd for Todd too. It made me happy to see so many people at a show like that who knew a lot of the material. What was the name of the opening song (slim chance?)