iBook G4 battery help

ok, i've been putting it off for months, but my iBook G4 needs a new battery and unfortunately now a new power adapter (because I managed to break that tonight). it is a brick until i purchase these things. thank goodness for work laptops.

i was searching for said mentioned items on ebay, but have NO clue about ordering that sort of thing from ebay. there are lots of reasonably priced items, but everything is shipping from Hong Kong and that just makes me nervous. any suggestions on where i might be able to purchase a new battery and power cord without buying them directly from Apple? gotta save a few bucks if possible.

You might be able to get a new power cord off of someone on Freecycle. Not sure about a battery. I need one for my iBook too and was just thinking of getting one off eBay. If you do go the eBay route and are happy with it, let me know who you bought it from.

oooh Freecycle looks very very cool. I've put in my request to join the DC group and can't wait to see what is out there. i do have an eye on a seller on ebay for the laptop battery, the power cord is the bigger challenge/harder thing to sort through on ebay.

__

i can't believe it, but i got a power cord from someone on Freecycle. That's the coolest thing ever. Now I'm trudging through ebay to try to get a battery. I have discovered that it might be better to buy an iBook laptop from someone and harvest it for parts (and the battery), but OYI these ebay people are either completely clueless OR way to pretentious and full of themselves and their ebay feedback. I asked one guy what the cycle count was on the battery and he bit my head off for being a lazy ebayer even though he had posted undiscernable shots of the computer screen (that even if they weren't blury or tiny, didn't have the information I was looking for). I wasn't being lazy; I just wanted to know the cycle count on the battery. It reminded me of why I stay away from ebay. ugggh.