New Bob Mould-Life and Times

Anyone heard this yet? I know I'm in the minority, but I thought his last one was amazing. It might help if you're going through a divorce or break up, but the lyrics on that disc just slay me. Totally underrated release. I hope this new one is even half as good.

I have heard snippets but need to hear more. Seems a bit more diverse than his previous . I have had a hard time with any of the electonic Bob. I would like to hear more of a Husker Du Bob but not likely. Some Sugar Bob wouldn't be too bad either. :dancing

This one definitely has pieces of Workbook and a mix of Sugar in it. They lyrics are very out front as well.

I've heard several live performances and liked them all. I've only heard 1 or 2 tracks off the CD. It's been leaked, haven't listened yet. He's written some decent songs in the past 10 years, but none of his recorded work shows it. His studio work sounds very claustrophobic, redundant, and lacking in any dynamics. It's a shame. His work from Zen Arcade through Sugar is among my favorite music ever made.

I've listened a bit more and really like some of the songs. Others are just downright bad to my ears. I'm all for 'heart on the sleeve' lyrics but some are just tough to listen to. Vocally and musically, I plain don't like 3 or 4 songs.

• 13 years later...