Help On Digital Recorders

I want to get a digital recorder for taping live concerts. One I was looking at is Tascam DR-07. Has anyone made any experiences with that one?

Which other recorders could you recommend?

Which features should a good recorder have?

Where do you put you recorders during the show to avoid too many disturbances?

I use a Sony minidisc Hi D system...its small, the discs are re-recordable, and you can choose your own microphones...granted its 5 year old technology, but i love mine...in the right mode, the HiD recordings are drag and drop on top my Mac with USB

With recorders you basically need adjustable record level, good battery life, long record time (memory), and a bass roll off...i prefer units that allow my to select my mics and have phantom power...

My set up:

Minidisc

faq site

Example of microphones

Im sure there are newer models that use flash memory and are smaller, but they generally have integrated mics, which i dont care for...im interested in what other s use

I bought a Zoom H4n a few months ago and really love it. I've been using it to record my own shows as well as getting down ideas while songwriting. It's got two built in stereo mics (which produce an amazingly clear sound), and additional inputs for two more mics, for a total of 4. This is the first digital recorder I've owned. The H4n in the latest version in their line of hand held recorders.