Why Does Itunes Sound Worse Than Other Programs Such As Vlc?

Could someone who uses iTunes tell me why it is that when I play the same wav file in VLC and iTunes, VLC sounds much louder and clearer...my iTunes already has it so that there is no soundcheck or sound modifier (boxes unchecked) but the iTunes files still sound worse.

Dude, ease up on the thread-starting, it's not the end of the world.

EDIT: My bad, you deleted the other one. :D

I only use VLC for video.

I've never compared the two audio-wise.

I hate iTunes mostly for the memory it uses. Slows my computer down like a mutha. But, I don't think VLC stores a database of files, does it?

Dude, ease up on the thread-starting, it's not the end of the world.

EDIT: My bad, you deleted the other one. :D

I only use VLC for video.

I've never compared the two audio-wise.

I hate iTunes mostly for the memory it uses. Slows my computer down like a mutha. But, I don't think VLC stores a database of files, does it?

Nope that's correct... It's more like a playlist... just plays whatever u click on that is set to open in there... it's just weird... I adjusted the volume of the individual tracks, and it sounds ALMOST as good as VLC now

Dude - don't delete threads (unless people post a bunch of bullshit in it). The information posted may have been useful to someone else down the road.

True, but I needed to re-word the question in order to avoid confusion and repetition.. besides, the answers in that thread were based on the PMs.

True, but I needed to re-word the question in order to avoid confusion and repetition.. besides, the answers in that thread were based on the PMs.

You could have just edited (changed) the thread title. It's up to you. If you check out the Bit Torrent and Related Links thread I made, you may find some links in there that will help you out.