Wilco @ Roy Wilkins, St Paul, MN 10-2-09

We've gotta do something. Roy Wilkins is the worst sound venue in the Twin Cities. It's a 1930s hockey arena, currently serving as home for the Minnesota Rollergirls roller derby thing. From everyone I've talked to, the venue literally ruins shows. I can't believe Wilco booked the place. Still a month and a half until the show. I'm calling for a popular revolt. We've gotta collect signatures or something. Get them to change the venue. Northrop Auditorium has amazing sound and views and has gotta hold close to 5,000, the capacity at Roy Wilkins.

it seems like wilco's hellbent on playing larger venues with ga floors, in which case i'd rather the show just get moved next door to the xcel. if you curtain off the arena it's probably well under 10 thousand; i saw neil at a curtained off show at the xcel last year and it was great.

it seems like wilco's hellbent on playing larger venues with ga floors

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, and this may make me a complete fool, but I would take a GA show nearly anywhere (yes, even Eagles Ballroom) over a seated venue. I like that they're trying to book GA venues as often as possible. I think the Xcel/curtained off solution is more intriguing than going back to the seated Northrup.