Jay Bennett's gear

A few days ago i caught myself wandering around in gear-fantasy land (again). This time I realized I was playing one of Jay Bennett's guitars. When I came back to the real world it got me wondering what in fact was going to/has already happened to the gear in his studio. Does anyone know?

I suspect the liquidation of his estate would take a fair amount of time, and that probably nothing has happened to it yet.

The best possible fate I can think of would be for it to fall into the hands of working musicians with an appreciation for the history behind it. The worst would be for it to be sold on ebay to random strangers who have no idea of its significance. I could see the instruments going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or perhaps (yuck!) a Hard Rock Cafe, but I don't think Wilco is quite iconic enough for that. It seems like there's too much bad blood for them to find their way back to the Loft, though this might be nice.

Anyway, a few random thoughts from someone who would like to see his gear well-looked after.

A few days ago i caught myself wandering around in gear-fantasy land (again). The worst would be for it to be sold on ebay to random strangers who have no idea of its significance.

I'm pretty sure if it was sold on ebay it would be listed as Jay Bennett's gear and the buyers would be those that loved Jay and wanted a memento of his life. If anyone knows the significance of the tools of the trade it's the fans. :)

A few days ago i caught myself wandering around in gear-fantasy land (again). This time I realized I was playing one of Jay Bennett's guitars. When I came back to the real world it got me wondering what in fact was going to/has already happened to the gear in his studio. Does anyone know?

I suspect the liquidation of his estate would take a fair amount of time, and that probably nothing has happened to it yet.

The best possible fate I can think of would be for it to fall into the hands of working musicians with an appreciation for the history behind it. The worst would be for it to be sold on ebay to random strangers who have no idea of its significance. I could see the instruments going to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or perhaps (yuck!) a Hard Rock Cafe, but I don't think Wilco is quite iconic enough for that. It seems like there's too much bad blood for them to find their way back to the Loft, though this might be nice.

Anyway, a few random thoughts from someone who would like to see his gear well-looked after.

I think Ed Burch could answer that one.