Cate Le Bon - Me Oh My

41aiBcmtl-L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Just arrived in the mail and it may be the my second-favorite album of the year (after Cornershop).

Caveat: I have not heard nearly as many new releases as many of you, but this is a good one. Reminiscent of a drugged-out Latetia Sadier. Or maybe a more-modern Nico.

I like it.

Might have to check it out. I tend to not like female vocals too much, but her voice on the Neon Neon album is great. And Gruff Rhys has never led me wrong with music.

Is there a single out I can listen to?

Not sure about singles and whatnot. I bought it pretty much solely based upon description and the word of Gruff Rhys.

But there are streaming tunes at her myspace page.

That's all what I know.

And that I like it.

• 3 years later...

Listening to her now and, as there is a decided lack of attention that she has received around here, I wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone else listens to her.

And, if you like her as much as I do.

My description in the first post still holds up for me. If that sounds good to you, check it. She now has 2 albums and an EP.

I saw her open for St. Vincent a couple years ago and wasn't expecting much since I don't usually care for solo performers.  However, something about her songs appealed to me and figured her records would be worth checking out.  

I didn't get around to listening to her records until recently, though, and she's become my current favorite act.  I regret not going to see her last year with her band.   I don't have Me Oh My yet, only Cyrk and Cyrk 2.   She's currently in the studio working on her next record.  Looking forward to hearing that, and hopefully seeing her live.   

I am dying to see her when she comes through Chicago. Hope that she will on her next spin through the US.

I am dying to see her when she comes through Chicago. Hope that she will on her next spin through the US.

Yeah.  A friend that went to her show said the crowd was pretty small in Atlanta.  She's flying pretty far under the radar.  Hopefully the small crowds won't deter her from doing a full US tour.  On the plus side, it seems like she's pretty serious about getting out there, considering that she's already doing another record.