Transfering Ashes DVD to the Ipod

Guest Speed Racer

I put DVDs into my computer, drag the VIDEO_TS file to the desktop, then format it for iPod on Handbrake, a free software. Never had any trouble with DVD protections of any kind.

Guest Runaway Jim

I put DVDs into my computer, drag the VIDEO_TS file to the desktop, then format it for iPod on Handbrake, a free software. Never had any trouble with DVD protections of any kind.

Is that as simple as it sounds? I've always wanted to put my DVDs on my iPod, especially when I travel.

Guest Speed Racer

Is that as simple as it sounds? I've always wanted to put my DVDs on my iPod, especially when I travel.

It really is that simple. I've had a couple of videos that have trouble syncing (including Sunken Treasure) - I've tried it with different computers, on the same computer at separate times, and just can't get it to sync right, but other than that Handbrake has worked fine.

Guest Runaway Jim

I can't get it to work. I downloaded Handbrake, but when I go to open the "source", it only pulls up some 21 second clip of blackness. I might be doing something wrong, but based on what you said above, I think I'm doing it right.

I did notice this on the Handbrake website... "HandBrake does not include any code to decrypt commercial DVDs. Yes, we know, it used to, but it doesn't anymore." So maybe this won't work now?

Guest Speed Racer

I did notice this on the Handbrake website... "HandBrake does not include any code to decrypt commercial DVDs. Yes, we know, it used to, but it doesn't anymore." So maybe this won't work now?

Disappointing! I'm using an older version and have refused several requests to update, so that's probably why I'm still successfully ripping commercial DVDs. :lol

Hi all,

Don't bother messing with your DVD.

The audio recording from the video is available from the official site since the release date.

Go to http://ashesofamericanmovie.com/site/

It says "Free audio download of all tracks with purchase of DVD".

You just need to insert the DVD into your computer then follow the instructions.

There was a thread about it, though I can't seem find it.

Oh, and the sound quality of the audio files is absolutely fantastic.

Samuel

Hi all,

Don't bother messing with your DVD.

The audio recording from the video is available from the official site since the release date.

Go to http://ashesofamericanmovie.com/site/

It says "Free audio download of all tracks with purchase of DVD".

You just need to insert the DVD into your computer then follow the instructions.

I used Down Them All to downloaded the audio to my puter. No need to insert DVD...

Just a little workaround:Goooogle for"Shrink Decrypter" install and remove protection before you can use any other freeware like Handbrake

Or use a shareware (free to try,then to buy,if you don't wanna buy just uninstall,remove registry entries and reinstall)

A very cool proggy(havn't tried their latest release yet but will check it out for sure)

http://www.dvdfab.com/en/download.htm

Guest Speed Racer

Well, shoot, I feel like a moron for not mentioning this: I have used DVDFab in the past to extract video from protected DVDs. Works fine, no complaints. I didn't mention it earlier because I have apparently deleted the shortcut from my desktop, and that's what I looked at before posting to the thread. Sorry for that. I extract with DVDFab when I need to and convert and compress with Handbrake.