The BBC are pulling then plug on BBC 6Music because it's not popular enough. The death of alternative radio - a disgrace. Big outcry among music fans over here.

You can twitter protests on #saveBBC6music

A great radio station - noting like it anywhere else in the UK - equivalent I guess of NPR in the US.

Yours, disgusted.

The BBC are pulling then plug on BBC 6Music because it's not popular enough. The death of alternative radio - a disgrace. Big outcry among music fans over here.

You can twitter protests on #saveBBC6music

A great radio station - noting like it anywhere else in the UK - equivalent I guess of NPR in the US.

Yours, disgusted.

I'm with you. Couldn't live without 6-music. Many of the bands I love I first heard on that station. Where else in the U.K could you hear stuff by Micah P. Hinson, M. Ward etc. A while back I also heard the title track from Neil young's 'On The Beach' which was a staggering thing to hear on a U.K Radio station.

Save Our Six (S.O.S).

http://pitchfork.com/news/38075-radiohead-david-bowie-lily-allen-blast-bbc-over-6-music-closure-threat/

It does appear that concerns over the ditching of Six Music are gathering steam. Even Bowie, the U.K's greatest living recording artist (well that's my opinion and I'm sticking with it!!) has issued a statement calling for the BBC to think this one through a little bit before they do something silly.