new Springsteen live DVD

Looks like a fairly solid set. Looking forward to it:

LONDON CALLING DVD SET FOR JUNE 22

Less than a year after the June 28, 2009 "Hard Rock Calling" festival in London, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band's performance there will see release as London Calling: Live in Hyde Park. The concert film, which kicks off with the titular Clash song and runs more than two-and-a-half-hours, is set for release from Columbia on June 22, on one Blu-Ray disc and as a two-DVD set.

From this morning's press release:

...the 163-minute film documents 26 tracks of live Springsteen that begin in daylight and progress through a gorgeous sunset into night. London Calling: Live In Hyde Park conveys both the experience of being on-stage and the vast crowd experience of the festival environment. Viewers are able to see Springsteen spontaneously directing the E Street Band and shaping the show as it evolves.

The set list spans from Born to Run era to Working on a Dream and includes rare covers such as The Clash's "London Calling," Jimmy Cliff's "Trapped," The Young Rascals' "Good Lovin'," and Eddie Floyd's "Raise Your Hand." Springsteen also performs fan favorite "Hard Times (Come Again No More)," written by Stephen Foster in 1854. Brian Fallon from The Gaslight Anthem joins the band as a guest vocalist on Springsteen's own "No Surrender."

For more on the show itself, see the report in our Setlists section. As for the DVD's setlist, only "Rosalita" — a performance that was previously broadcast for an abridged TV special — has been dropped. The release adds two bonus clips: "The River" from Glastonbury 2009 (remember all that steam rising off Bruce?) and the "Wrecking Ball" video from Giants Stadium. Producer/editor Thom Zimny and director Chris Hilson oversaw the film, with audio mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

The full track list:

1. London Calling

2. Badlands

3. Night

4. She's the One

5. Outlaw Pete

6. Out in the Street

7. Working on a Dream

8. Seeds

9. Johnny 99

10. Youngstown

11. Good Lovin'

12. Bobby Jean

13. Trapped

14. No Surrender

15. Waiting on a Sunny Day

16. Promised Land

17. Racing in the Street

18. Radio Nowhere

19. Lonesome Day

20. The Rising

21. Born to Run

22. Hard Times (Come Again No More)

23. Jungleland

24. American Land

25. Glory Days

26. Dancing in the Dark

27. Music under end credit sequence: Raise Your Hand

BONUS MATERIAL:

The River: Glastonbury Festival, 6/27/09

Wrecking Ball: Giants Stadium, 2009

Late last year, Springsteen manager Jon Landau told Rolling Stone that there were two releases in the pipeline for 2010: a Darkness on the Edge of Town box, and a DVD from the Working on a Dream tour. One down, one to go!

- April 20, 2010 - Geoff Robinson photo

Late last year, Springsteen manager Jon Landau told Rolling Stone that there were two releases in the pipeline for 2010: a Darkness on the Edge of Town box, and a DVD from the Working on a Dream tour. One down, one to go!

- April 20, 2010 - Geoff Robinson photo

This has been rumored to be in the pipeline for TWO YEARS. I'll believe it when I have it in my grubby little hands

Yeah i was sort of surprised when it didn't come out in '08 for the 30th anniversary, but I guess they were busy back then, not so much so now. I'm sure it will be incredible when it does. It's hard to go wrong with footage from that tour.