Went to see Young@Heart's performance titled End of the Road last night at St. Ann's Warehouse in Brooklyn....it was incredible and moving on so many levels. I highly recommend checking out the show before they leave on May 1st. Towards the end, they sang Theologians and I can guarantee you've never heard the song quite like this. For those who don't know, Young@Heart is a chorus of men and woman from the ages of 73 on into their 90's based out of Massachusetts. They sing and perform contemporary and older songs from the likes of Neil Young, the Buzzcocks, Pixies, the Magnetic Fields and many, many more. Certainly wasn't expecting to hear Wilco but was so happy when they started singing it. Even though so many of the songs are familiar, it's like you are hearing them again for the first time. The lyrics take on different meanings, and you have a newfound appreciation for them.

Anyway, check out these links for their current residence in Brooklyn - http://stannswarehouse.org/current_season.php?show_id=44

I just ordered the doc about them from 2008 on Netflix and definitely looking forward to it after seeing them live...

The Young@Heart documentary is outstanding. After seeing the film, I thought I really would love to see Young@Heart. And they are playing in Montreal this summer. But then, horror of horrors, it turns out to be the same night as Arcade Fire plays here in Ottawa. Crap. If anybody is looking for a pair for Montreal, I have a parif ro sale.