hate it here

walken

man who loves you

---------

misunderstood - 32 nothings again

-------

the late greats

I'm a wheel

I took a pic of somones set list and was working off that. Band long gone and security chick still tried to stop me! Anyway on the set list and not played was California stars, sonny feeling, and hoodoo voodoo.

Sorry on iPhone and couldn't scroll down to end of message...

It was a seated show which nearly killed me, wel, more accurately nearly killed my seat. Spiders got too much for me and I moved off to the side of stage and "danced". Jeff encouraged everyone to get up at the clap bit and the front of stage was swamped, the way a concert should be. Enjoyed it so much more standing up. One woman in the audience kept telling Jeff to "hurry up", some woman asked if Jeff was on steroids (????) and a kiddie at the front made a request that didn't fit with the set. Didn't hear what it was but I don't think anything would have killed the vibe in the crowd.

Looking forward to tommorow night, apparantly the factory only holds 800 and the stage is small. No accoustic set I believe, but I am curious to see what they play given everyone was at tonights show.

Jeff doesn't watch Ashes DVD judging by his steroids response!

Great show, best I've seen by a long neck. Didn't mind the seating, had driven 6 hours with a bad back to get there. Not really a dancer anyway. Seats a lot more comfy than the Enmore!

So much energy, each of them with a very distinct style, but producing such wonderfully cohesive noise. Much more evident when you see them live. I hope someone was there with something better than my iPhone to record with! Set list is spot on, except Passenger Side was before Impossible Germany. Nels went off, & everyone responded! Better performance than I've heard recorded, Nel's improv seemed to last longer too.

Liam Finn was pretty cool. He is his father's son, melodically, lyrically, vocally. Woman sitting next to me said she was his Aunty, or was that just one of you screwing with me? I think she ended up down the front and was responsible for the steroids comment. Said some other interesting Wilco related stuff too...

About to polish off some dinner and off to Marrickville. I grew up near there, never thought I'd be seeing the greatest band on earth playing there!

What a gig....in the 6th row, then dancing off to the side for the first 1/2 of the gig.

The young dude sitting next to me, when he sat down, was worried that people would not get up. I said...it's Australia, people don't usually get up on their own at The State. Except my wife and I who dance at every opportunity...think it is our Yank heritage. Or we are just old Deadheads!

Once Jeff asked the crowd if they were really having any fun and that it 'had been a long while since Wilco had played ot a seated crowd', and got hand clapping, the crowd was up....

My wife, Mrs. Hurry Up as noted above and I, were pretty much belly up to the stage and had the ultimate Wilco experience.

Hurry Up-Dissected later that evening she had no idea what brought it on, might have been the right medication, but Jeff thought it was perverse. When he looked out and said "Hurry Up? We've already played 10 songs...

All in all it was one of my favourite Wilco shows from a grwoing number and the boys did seem to enjoy that it finally turned into a rock n roll concert.

The Factory here we come!

I love seeing a band 2 nights in a row....