Wilco Pines Theater June 24, 2007 Seen On MHD Apparently

I went out to Newbury Comics today and spoke to a huge Wilco fan who works there. He went to the Solid Sound Festival on Saturday only and loved it.

Then he mentioned how he missed them in 08 at Tanglewood, but saw them in 07 at the Pines and asked if I saw it on tv.

I immediately stopped breathing for a second and said "Excuse me?!"

He said "yeah man, it was on MHD which is now Palladia (on cable providers with HD). I saw it twice like 2 years ago. It was an hour long and titled An Evening With Wilco. I saw myself dancing with a girl I was dating at the time, so my current girlfriend asked 'who's that?'" He then said that he was close up front by Nels' side. I told him that no one has ever seen this, but tons of fans knew that it was recorded for MTV & VH1 to use at some point. MTV owns MHD which then became Palladia in September 2008. Nowhere on the internet can I find programming info about this show. They even have a huge pulldown menu of live shows that span A - Z. There's no email address, but there is a Facebook page that I may post on and see if anyone has seen this.

Bottom line: there's no way this guy is lying. I believe him. He's a good guy and has seen Wilco 20 times. He knows the difference between Ashes Of American Flags and the Austin City Limits shows and the Soundstage show from 2003. It's just that there's no evidence anywhere to support this. Although, Palladia plays a lot of concerts that are not available in stores and won't get repeated much.

Anyone?

Edit: Posted a shortened version of this on Palladia's Facebook page which they may read.

Secondly, I asked my friend via FB message about this who works at MTV in NYC. He may ask internally about this.

We'll find out sooner or later.

:hmm

The Palladia website has a list of shows that have been on (don't know if it's exhaustive but if not it's close) and there's no Wilco on there. They don't have a lot of unique content--they show the same (mostly crappy) stuff over and over.

It's possible that the Pines show could have been aired on MTV Europe or something, but as far as I can tell it's never been aired here.

I would think that the band would have made some sort of announcement if it was going to air...

Yeah, I mentioned Palladia's pull down menu in my original post.

It is possible that when this was supposedly shown it was in fact MHD like this guy said. I remember MHD being blatantly MTV (all types of versions) & VH1 & maybe even CMT programming that "didn't fit" MTV's tough schedule. :stunned That being said I'm not sure if everything that was on MHD would be transferred to the Palladia website. That list was missing U2's Vertigo Tour from Chicago for instance that I saw on MHD in an edited form.

I also don't seem to remember an announcement about seeing Wilco on Spanish tv for their few times that they've been shown from a festival. I also don't even remember Wilcoworld mentioning this particular show being recorded in the first place.

I have had that station on Direct TV since before that show happened and I have have never seen that. I look on a adaily basis for new shows on that station and have never come across it.

I would love to see it.

They were showing the Farm Aid from a few years ago (or last year) on the 101 and it even said Wilco on the guide which was cool.

Wouln't it have showed up @ The Dvd Project then ???

Well, obviously it would have had to be known about prior to someone recording it, right? And from the sounds of it dating back 3 years, not one of us has ever seen this or heard about what happened with this up until this guy that I know said that he saw it and saw himself too. It should be mentioned that he brought this up to me first which I was completely shocked about.

A similar thing happened with U2 in the early 90s. A handful of European fans claim that they saw a video for Zooropa (title track) on MTV at like 3am and gave a description of it and no one has ever seen it again.

It's entirely possible that this whole thing was kind of a fly-by-night type of operation: show it late night and repeat it once more very close in time and/or date and then voila it's gone.

It's entirely possible that this whole thing was kind of a fly-by-night type of operation: show it late night and repeat it once more very close in time and/or date and then voila it's gone.

This is very possible. I did a doc on the '85 Chicago Bears for ESPN a few years back. They spent $400,000 on it and I spent two months producing and editing it. It was to air on the Sunday between the conference championship games and the Super Bowl. It got pushed back because of X Games, and eventually aired at 1:16 A.M. Central Time. It never aired again. A lot of money and hard work on something that aired once in the middle of the night. And yet they rerun poker tournaments from 5 years ago.....go figure.