Pat Sansone in LA Times

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2010/09/pat-sansone-wilco-getting-back-together-to-write-next-album-this-fall.html

Wilco will start writing its next album just in time for Halloween, according to band member Pat Sansone.

"We're taking a couple of weeks off," the multi-instrumentalist, fresh off a plane from Berlin, said. "When I get back toward the end of [the] month, we're getting back together to start working, to start the first writing sessions for the record. We’ve done a little bit of brainstorming, but the real work is going to begin at the end of [the] month."

The upcoming set, the follow-up to 2009's "Wilco (The Album)," will be the Chicago act's eighth studio effort. In the meantime, Sansone has a full plate: On Oct. 7 , he'll celebrate the release of the book "100 Polaroids," a collection of his snapshots from his time with the band, at Paper Chase Press' Eighth Veil space on Sunset Boulevard. He's planning further parties in Chicago and New York, not to mention another album release: The Autumn Defense, his pre-Wilco soft-rock collaboration with Wilco bassist John Stirratt, will drop its fourth album, "Once Around," on Nov. 2.

"It definitely sounds like the Autumn Defense," he reassured. "I think it might be our strongest work. I know that’s kind of the cliché, but... I think it’s our most confident-sounding record. We did some arranging for strings, which we’re really excited about."

Local fans won't have to wait long to hear it -- next Thursday's book party will double as a "Once Around" listening party. Look for more with Sansone and his "love affair" with the Polaroid SX-70 on ThisIsBrandX.com next week.

[update: The original version of this post incorrectly identified Pat Sansone's camera. We have changed the text to reflect the corrected information.]

-- David Greenwald

Guest Speed Racer

Oh! I think he's a swell fellow. Yay, Autumn Defense! Wooo, photo album! I also think you're a swell fellow. Neither of you belong in Wilco.

ETA: Actually, now that I think on it for a moment: while I have no idea what (if) you play or how well you play it, you're an economically-minded gentleman and I doubt you would have the capacity to overplay the way he does. And you always bring something to the table. So yes, I would prefer Wilco with you in the lineup v. Wilco as it is this morning.