Albarn and Flea?

From AllMusic.com:

Blur's Damon Albarn has formed a new side project with Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea. The as-yet-unnamed ensemble also features drummer Tony Allen' date=' who previously worked with Albarn in the Good, The Bad & The Queen. Albarn also told NME that the new trio has an album "three-quarters finished," with tracks centered around Allen's afrobeat musical background. [/quote']

While I am always curious to hear just about anything that Albarn has a hand in, I'll take a wait and see attitude with this one...

Why wouldn't this be good? Flea's a ridiculously talented guy, and Damon's pretty much proven he can write killer pop songs in any genre around. Tony Allen and Flea sounds like a sweet rhythm section, regardless of what Damon does with them.

Damon's also recently said he's working on a new Gorillaz album, that a new Good/Bad/Queen album is very likely, and that a solo album is less likely for now, but possible in the future. Busy guy.

I agree that Flea is a monster. But, I was not a big fan of the "afropop" of Think Tank, nor or Good/Bad/Queen. So, while I will (as I said) listen to this, I am still a little wary.

Hopeful.

Although I am a huge Albarn fan I wish he would stop all this side project business and get back to Blur...new album and US tour!

BTW I have seen Gorillaz, Mali Music and Good the Bad The Queen in concert and all were great but Blur is the band I am itching to see as I have never seen them live with Graham!

Isn't happening. He said there won't be any Damon Albarn world tour for 5/6 years. He's got a young daughter now, and if he plays anything, it likely won't be in the States. And Blur already did the UK reunion thing.

I'm more interested in a completely solo album, honestly. Damon's brilliant, we know this, but so much of his music's greatness seems to come from collaborators. I want to hear an all Damon album.

And I want to hear the Plastic Beach leftovers.

Blur is the band I am itching to see as I have never seen them live with Graham!

I have. TWICE!

:P

Isn't happening. He said there won't be any Damon Albarn world tour for 5/6 years. He's got a young daughter now, and if he plays anything, it likely won't be in the States. And Blur already did the UK reunion thing.

I'm more interested in a completely solo album, honestly. Damon's brilliant, we know this, but so much of his music's greatness seems to come from collaborators. I want to hear an all Damon album.

And I want to hear the Plastic Beach leftovers.

Technically he did a solo album. Demo Crazy..it was only released on vinyl I think...I got a copy..it is ok

I am still pissed about the Blur reunion because they kept hinting that more dates would be added then that was it. If that was the case I would have went to Europe for a show if I need to! :hmm

Yeah, I've heard Democrazy. But it seemed like more of a demo thing than a real album. And it's definitely not remarkable or anything. So maybe I shouldn't long for an Albarn solo album.

I would have been interested in what venues Blur could fill in the US. I mean, Gorillaz are way bigger here than Blur, and the show I caught (medium sized arena) was far from filled.

Yeah, I've heard Democrazy. But it seemed like more of a demo thing than a real album. And it's definitely not remarkable or anything. So maybe I shouldn't long for an Albarn solo album.

I would have been interested in what venues Blur could fill in the US. I mean, Gorillaz are way bigger here than Blur, and the show I caught (medium sized arena) was far from filled.

I Saw Blur during the Think Tank tour at a radio show at Giants Stadium (They got a warm reception) and the Hammerstein Ballroom Capacity 4,000 which was not filled. I would say in NYC they could play the Hammerstein and out of the major cities 1-2k capacity venues assuming Graham is with them..

In Chicago, back in the day (Parklife and Great Escape tours), they played The Vic (cap. 2000-ish) and Metro (cap. 1500), respectively. Both were pretty much filled.