Big Star's "Sister Lovers" to be performed in its entirety

c477694psu7.jpg

LINK

On March 26th, a mind-boggling array of indie rock all-stars will gather to perform Big Star’s Third/Sister Lovers at Baruch College's Mason Hall in New York City. Norman Blake (Teenage Fanclub), Mitch Easter (Let’s Active), Ira Kaplan (Yo La Tengo), Tift Merritt, Mike Mills (R.E.M.), Will Rigby (the dB’s), Matthew Sweet, Chris Stamey (the dB’s), Jody Stephens (Big Star) and M. Ward (She & Him) will be joined by The Lost in the Trees Orchestra with Jane Scarpantoni, Django Haskins (The Old Ceremony), Brett Harris, Sidney Dixon and Matt McMichaels to recreate the original scores and breathe life into a bittersweet album that has impacted generations of musicians. Some very special guests will be announced in the days to come. The assemblage will perform Third/Sister Lovers in its entirety – fans can expect additional Big Star and Chris Bell songs as well.

• 3 months later...

I hope the suicide helpline is going to be fully staffed that night. What a massive bummer of an album.

One of my top 20 ever. Anyone else agree? Also, I played September Gurls like 10 times in a row tonight. Perfect pop for now, people.