Meat Puppets - Lollipop (2011)

p71992vmn6u.jpg

Okay, so nothing that the Pups has done since the millennium has really grabbed me -- at all. But, they were my gateway band and I will ALWAYS pay attention whenever the guys put out something new.

As always, I am taking a wait and see with this one. Hopefully, I won't be too disappointed this time.

That cover sucks. Drop shadows on text is literally the worst thing ever.

I agree. I thought the same thing. Looks like it was designed by a middle schooler.

Wish that Curt had done the art for this one, as usual. Still, let's see what the MUSIC is like.

I'm admittedly only a "fan" of them through Nirvana Unplugged. But I checked out and liked all the original versions too. Definitely a band I'll really get around to eventually.

Up on the Sun is essential; better than Meat Puppets II, IMO. (Although II is considered their masterwork.)

Don't forget Huevos and Mirage.

I could never forget those albums. I love those albums. They are also among my favorites. But Up on the Sun is their masterwork.

I wasn't able to download the link to the new tune. I'll listen to anything they put out. Wasn't impressed with Rise To Your Knees or Sewn Together, though. A few good tracks off of each.....