Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll

I find it hard to believe that this movie has not been posted about here yet. And yet, I find it hard to find a post about this movie here.

Trying to stream it on Netflix, but it's "currently not available" right now. Hopefully it'll get streaming soon. Anyone see it?

Ah, I would absolutely love to see this! You've stirred up one of my fondest life memories. Years ago, already a huge fan, I got to interview Ian. I guess it must've been around the time of the release of New Boots and Panties...'77 or '78? I fell very hard for the man...he was so quick-witted and intelligent and disarmingly sweet! At one point, around others of his crew, he motioned to me and when I leaned over he whispered, in that fantastic cockney accent, "I fink you're smashing!" He'd picked up on the fact that I was feeling shy and overawed, and meant to relax me with the comment and the little smile that followed. Like I said, very sweet. I'm so sorry he's gone. He was a treasure.

Ah, I would absolutely love to see this! You've stirred up one of my fondest life memories. Years ago, already a huge fan, I got to interview Ian. I guess it must've been around the time of the release of New Boots and Panties...'77 or '78? I fell very hard for the man...he was so quick-witted and intelligent and disarmingly sweet! At one point, around others of his crew, he motioned to me and when I leaned over he whispered, in that fantastic cockney accent, "I fink you're smashing!" He'd picked up on the fact that I was feeling shy and overawed, and meant to relax me with the comment and the little smile that followed. Like I said, very sweet. I'm so sorry he's gone. He was a treasure.

One of the best stories that I've read in these forums.

Aw thanks, PopTodd. It was a really nice interview. At one point we were riding the escalator at LAX and Ian was talking about his young kids and how much he missed them, being on tour in the US. I was a step above him and looked back, and here's this cheeky, brazen "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll" musician, with tears in his eyes. A big softie.

Ian's spirit must be around the last couple of days. Today, looking for another album, I came across this album, which he "autographed" for me at that interview. He was having such fun naming each of his tour mates (Wreckless Eric, Elvis Costello, Nick Lowe & Larry Wallis) and himself, and then added a silly message, and then, still not quite finished, decorated the bottom of the front cover with a multitude of Sharpie dots. Then he handed it back, pleased with his creation. I treasure this album, as you might imagine!

p1010375jn.jpg