The Tweedys collaborate with Deerhoof

I know Deerhoof is a very love 'em or hate 'em band, but they're one of my favorites, and I'm very excited that they're coming to my town in September. I was just reading this article on Pitchfork and was very, very surprised to come across this tidbit:

Also on July 5, Polyvinyl will release the band's collaborative WOOM on Hoof single, the newest in a series of singles that puts different vocalists over Deerhoof instrumental tracks. This one features the Ba Da Bing records duo WOOM, with WOOM singing over Deerhoof's "Must Fight Current" on the A-side and Deerhoof drummer Greg Saunier remixing WOOM's "Quetzalcoatl's Ship" on the flip. A future installment of the series will include a real out-of-nowhere collaboration, with Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy and his sons Spencer and Sam.

That's incredibly cool! I know Nels adores Deerhoof, and now that Jeff has worked with them, hopefully they'll be on a Solid Sound roster in the not-too-distant future.

Full article here for anyone who's interested.