Streams can be found FOW's Facebook site and Minnesota's 89.3. The album will be in stores Aug. 2nd.

Fans of Fountains of Wayne won't be disappointed. It's pretty much like all FOW records: full of well-written pop songs that makes you feel good when listening to it. I sense a more mature and/or melancholy tone in the record...mostly from the lryics. And the music is less "power pop", stripping out some of the guitars and synthesizers. The record is largely mid-tempo, but it works for me because of the songwriting. Songs like "Action Hero", "Cold Comfort Flowers" and "Road Song" have a melancholy vibe but all have cleverness in the music and/or lyrics.

Not sure how I'd rank it with older FOW records. Hard to top their self-titled debut or Utopia Parkway. Think I might like it more than Traffic & Weather, but not sure it tops Welcome Interstate Managers.

Wilco fans might notice "Acela" has a similar drum-and-piano beat to "I Can't Stand It".