Josh T. Pearson

Anyone here listen to Josh T. Pearson? I just brought his new live record and its rather good. It includes a surprisingly good cover of Rivers of Babylon by Boney M!!. I don't really know much about Josh T Pearson but have listened to his debut solo record more than anything else over the past couple of months. I would definatley recommend to anyone searching for something new to listen to.

Not to be confused with Micah P. Hinson who is equally glorious and a little legend in my book.

Love both of these guys. The Josh T Pearson record is one of the best things I've heard all year. I have to be in the right mood for it--it's definitely not casual listening--but it's fantastic.

I second the recommendation about Lift to experience.

And without being too pedantic hopefully, saying that Rivers of Babylon is by Boney M is a bit like saying Love Will Tear us Apart is by Paul Young rather than Joy Division.

(Rivers of Babylon" is a rastafarian song written and recorded by Brent Dowe and Trevor McNaughton of the Jamaican reggae group The Melodians in 1970. The Melodians' original versions of the song appeared in the sound track to the 1972 movie The Harder They Come)

Although to be fair 90% of people probably don't know this, and why would they? ;)