Strange Powers (Magnetic Fields doc) -- anybody see this?

I saw it and liked it (but I'm a pretty big fan). It definitely assumes you are familiar with the band, and there is some great old footage. My one complaint is that it spends a chunk of time (and it's not a long movie) on whether Merritt is, as one critic call him, a “rockist cracker,” because he said that he doesn't like hip-hop.

I def. need to check this out! I had the honor of hanging out with Stephin a few years ago one evening. It baffled me because all of his friends referred to him as if he were a regular guy (which he is but you know how it goes with the whole fan/idol thing.) I was not too impressed with the last 2 MF albums but everything else he has touched is solid gold. Future Bible Heroes, the 6ths, etc.

Saw this one recently, definitely worth watching if you're a fan. Some nice concert and behind the scenes footage of Merritt working on songs in his apartment. Merrittt comes off way less curmudgeonly than one would expect considering all the press stories to the contrary.