Peter Buck's song: 10 million B.C.

Kinda cool! I'd like to hear his pure singing voice, without effects. Waiting to hear more of the album. :)

I agree.

Wynn said in a radio interview that Peter sings on most of the album tracks, so hopefully there's another song out there featuring his rough voice. Wynn referred to a couple of times in the past where he has sang, mentioning backing vocals (I don't remember if he said the Monster album or sometime during the Monster tour) and there's also the occassion when he literally spoke into a song of The Baseball Project's second studio album.

Wynn described the backing band accompanying Peter as R.E.M. without Michael Stipe, for there's Mike Mills, Bill Rieflin and Lenny Kaye who's a member of the Patti Smith band and who also guested on Collapse into Now.

They still maintain that the album will be vinyl-only and a figure of 2,000 copies was mentioned at some point, but I think the vinyl-only decision will be softened, so to speak, as the release date approaches, especially if some MP3 download option is included with the purchase, or if iTunes carries the product.

By the way, "10,000" reminded me of Steve Wynn's song "Amphetamine" very fast-paced rockers both songs.