Restored Uncle Tupelo Video Concerts

I understand if the moderators feel this topic is in the wrong forum, however I think a lot of us have a tendency to only look at this forum and miss some of the others - I know I am guilty of doing this. I know notification of these concerts are aleady in the Future Age forum but I wanted to get the word out to people who might otherwise miss these.

There have been two Uncle Tupelo video concerts that have been lovingly restored and now are posted on EZTorrent (formerly Dime A Dozen). You may have seen individual songs from these concerts posted on YouTube, but these concerts are light years ahead in terms of quality. They were shot on a Sony Hi8mm camera and synced to Digital Audio Tape. I am by no means an expert here, but I recall these were probably the best technology commonly available to the average person at that time.

As I said two concerts:

Jakes, Bloomington,In 1992-11-10

Mississippi Nights,St Louis,Mo 1994-04-30

The 92 concert is mostly acoustic while the 94 one is mostly electric. I think it was probably because 92 was in support of their March album & 94 was done for Anodyne. Brian Hennemann and Bill Belzer play on the 92 show, while Ken Coomer, John Stiratt and (I believe, Max Johnston) play on the 94 show.

These were shot on a single camera, but the close-ups are incredibly sharp & clear, even better then the whole shots of the stage.

Its kinda funny to see Jeff & John standing next to one another playing ultimately what would be each other's instruments once Wilco began to happen.

I am amazed at Ken's drumming, I had know idea he banged out these songs as hard as he does. When I see him in early Wilco video, he seems to play a lot quieter. Bill looks like a 15 year old kid in the 92 show.

If you don't know how to download torrents and burn DVDs, these concerts are worth the effort it would take to teach yourself. You will not be disappointed - you'll see Wilco where they began.