Ian Hunter -- IN STORE in Chicago!

It's being promoted as just a record signing, but one can always hope for a performance, no? Sat. is my birthday so I'll see if I can get over there.

http://www.facebook....34962199963356/

Hopefully he'll be coming to your neck of the woods, too.

No performance. Apparently his people won't allow it. Kind of sad really. Just a couple acoustic numbers would be nice.

Actually I have been designated as his chauffeur to this event and back to his hotel..

LouieB

No performance. Apparently his people won't allow it. Kind of sad really. Just a couple acoustic numbers would be nice.

Actually I have been designated as his chauffeur to this event and back to his hotel..

LouieB

Haha! That's kind of hilarious. Part of your duties as an "intern?"

Too bad about him not playing at all. I was bummed that I was going to have to miss that. Well, at least you'll get a record signed and probably get a story or two out of it. Ask him about Henry and the H-Bombs!

LouieB- Amazingly cool!! Have a great time!! Hey if you happen to get the chance...let him know three folks were especially thrilled & grateful to have gotten "I Wish I Was Your Mother" in Cleveland, and we would all be equally as thrilled to get "Angeline" in Buffalo ;) Oh & congrats to the Chicago Teacher's Union for their amazing struggle...read your posts on that issue here (& IIRC that your wife is a Chicago Teacher)...not only am I Left of Left, but I come from a family of teachers (mom, dad & sister)....

Wanna make it rain? Just wash your car...Wanna get an act you love to play near by you? Just do a nice long trip to see them elsewhere....

Saw Ian Hunter last night in Cleveland & this morning we find out he's added Toronto Dec. 7 & more importantly Buffalo on Dec. 8.

Great gig, great time & glad to have seen him again, but would have just done Buffalo if we'd known...

Set List from last night's Cleveland gig at the Beachland Ballroom...

From the Official Ian Hunter Forum (where I first found out about Buffalo this morning)...

"Handwritten set list (who writes these?)

Comfortable (Flyin' Scotsman)

Once Bitten Twice Shy

Fatally Flawed

Just The Way You Look Tonight

Wash Us Away

23A Swan Hill

All The Way From Memphis

All American Alien Boy

Black Tears

Just Another Night

What For

Isolation (segued into part of "Roll On John")

(Alice - on the set list but didn't play it)

When I'm President

Flowers

I Wish I Was Your Mother (written as Mom...or...pic?)

Ta Shuka Witco (Crazy Horse)

Sweet Jane

Encore I:

Saturday Gigs (segued in part of "Life"

All The Young Dudes

Encore II:

Cleveland Rocks"

Haha! That's kind of hilarious. Part of your duties as an "intern?"

Too bad about him not playing at all. I was bummed that I was going to have to miss that. Well, at least you'll get a record signed and probably get a story or two out of it. Ask him about Henry and the H-Bombs!

I had planned to ask him to play Henry since Jeff won't anymore. But now that he isn't playing at all, I may just talk about it. I guess I got the call because I have a car. Actually I got a new (old) car so Ian and his posse get to drive in relative comfort. (2006 black Prius) Should be fun.

Thanks linclink for following the teacher strike posts. Amazing how people can dump on teachers huh??

LouieB

I had planned to ask him to play Henry since Jeff won't anymore. But now that he isn't playing at all, I may just talk about it. I guess I got the call because I have a car. Actually I got a new (old) car so Ian and his posse get to drive in relative comfort. (2006 black Prius) Should be fun.

Thanks linclink for following the teacher strike posts. Amazing how people can dump on teachers huh??

LouieB

An oldie but a good

Taylor Mali on "What Teachers Make"