Garrett Nickelsen-cool interview (Wilco mentioned)

http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/friday_fives_garrett_nickelsen_of_the_maine_on_his_favorite_game_changing_s

I know this explanation is long, but give it a read!

Garrett Nickelsen is the bass player of the alternative rock band, The Maine. For you who don't know who they are: The Maine is a 5 piece rock band from Arizona. Their first two records were what we would call "pop punk" and they are pretty bad. I wouldn't even bother listening to them. They started to grow up a little and discover different genres of music. Including alternative rock, post punk, punk rock, art rock, power pop, roots rock etc...and they put out a third album called Pioneer. They have  transformed into a very well put together, well-headed, power-pop/rock n' roll band who cares about the integral state of music. Its a very unique story. They are currently recording their 4th album live and on analog. I go to their shows when I can and the teenage girls left over from the pop days rag on me for not being a "real fan" when the truth is, I just started paying attention when they started making credible music. Unfortunately, a lot of people have yet to recognize the change in style and attitude in the band (the band now makes fun of their own first two records and is not very big on the current "pop punk" bands) and they still get mentioned in AP magazine which I'm not a huge fan of. But anywho, this interview is really cool, shows the drastic change in mindset with the band. I advise you check them out! Some good songs to start would be "When I'm at Home" "While Listening to Rock n Roll"  and "Waiting For My Sun to Shine."

Also I should mention: the actual interview is probably shorter than my rant haha.