CHIRP Record Fair - Don't miss if you like LPs

I may have posted this before, but this is taking place next weekend April 13, 2013 at Plumbers Hall In Chicago.  More information and a $2 off is also on this site. If you are anywhere near Chicago and like LPs, this will be an event not to miss.  I will be selling records with a friend so mention you are a VCer for an additional discount.  Check out this little feature on some of the vendors, which I helped produce, 

This is going to be a seriously good time and a great way to support independent radio and buy some LPs.

LouieB

Hi Lou,  I'm gonna be right in the vicinity of Plumber's Hall @  *8*am Sat.; so I'll be there !

Cudos on the CHIRP Radio production efforts  ( wonder if any of these quotes were of you ) :

1) rode my bicycle down Irving Park Road to Rolling Stones Records to buy .....

2) have bought albums because the covers are appealing .....

3) have given away a free album in the past because you "know" you have just made a fan of the music...

___

I recently bought and framed Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers LP "Into the Great Wide Open "  again  to hang on the wall.

(I'm a fan of Monet & Pierre Bonnard ( Summer: the Dance )).

But I bought on Amazon ..  ... $$$ ...   where are the Deals?  :]

How would you advise novice collectors to proceed, Lou?

And ..8 til 10 AM  earlybird  $$  price is ..  ?

Thanks for all your efforts ....

Joe

None of the people who were interviewed were me, but Carter is the guy I work with.  Come look for me at Carter's Thang if you are a VCer.

Early Bird is $25 I believe. Unless you are really into getting the very best LPs I would not do that, but since I don't know  you I can't make that determination. There will be lots of good stuff left at 10 for the general public, but there are lots of dealers, some with collectable type stuff and others with normal titles.  We have some of both.  The biggest advantage of paying the extra dough is there are less people.  But if you come later make sure you download the coupon to get in for $5, a bargain.

LouieB