Grantland Battle for Best Song of Millennium

Very silly, but I was surprised to see that Wilco's IATTBYK made the tournament. Going up against 50 Cent and currently losing 70% to 20%.

The picture of Wilco is funny too since it is an animation (?) of the 2004-2013 band and not the makers of the song.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9571566/battle-best-song-millennium-round-64

As a follow-up, Wilco got beat. Here is Grantland's summary of the matchup today:

It's Better to Be in da Club Than in da Dining Room, Feeding da Kids Mac and Cheese

[4] "In da Club," 50 Cent (WINNER: 48,909)
[13] "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart," Wilco (18,629)

As a Dad Rock American* besieged on all sides by hip-hop fans each and every workday, maybe I held out a silly hope that things would turn out differently, that a groundswell of Jeff Tweedy partisans might rise up from the comments sections of every NPR message board on the Internet and overcome the tyranny of the iconic club-banger. Nope. Wasn't gonna happen. I will also add here that I rode harder for "Heavy Metal Drummer," but that was just as doomed a campaign. Everyone I work with is 17 years old and owns 300 pirated copies of the same Lil Wayne mixtape. I might as well have suggested "Sunshine of Your Love." Cream. The late '60s. Just kill me.

[*This is where I disclaim that the term "dad rock" is awful and insanely misapplied to a band as great as Wilco. But this is a bracket game, so that was a shortcut to letting you know how old I am. Just kill me.]