Would you mind voting for my son's violin teacher?

She's in a competition to perform on the "Experience Hendrix Tour 2014."

But in order to get a spot on the tour, she needs people to vote for her.

While we will all miss her if she goes off on tour for a while, it would be a really nice gift to give an excellent teacher and a very nice person.

Plus, just LISTEN! She's amazing!

Very cool, I voted for her.  Good luck.  

On a side note (albeit a personal one), how long has your son been playing violin?  What kind of music does this teacher focus on?  

The reason I ask is my son who is 9 has been playing for about two years and we found a really good teacher, who does a combination Suzuki / Fiddle teaching style.  He will give his students a Suzuki tune and then "balance" it out with a bluegrass tune.  Also he has started a fiddle group with some of the students, which end up playing a small coffee houses and bars (Sunday mornings) a couple times of year.  It has given me a great appreciation for bluegrass.  I also like the "recitals" a lot better because it is not 10 kids all playing Minute.  

Very cool, I voted for her.  Good luck.  

On a side note (albeit a personal one), how long has your son been playing violin?  What kind of music does this teacher focus on?  

The reason I ask is my son who is 9 has been playing for about two years and we found a really good teacher, who does a combination Suzuki / Fiddle teaching style.  He will give his students a Suzuki tune and then "balance" it out with a bluegrass tune.  Also he has started a fiddle group with some of the students, which end up playing a small coffee houses and bars (Sunday mornings) a couple times of year.  It has given me a great appreciation for bluegrass.  I also like the "recitals" a lot better because it is not 10 kids all playing Minute.  

My son's been playing about 2.5 years.

His teacher focuses on whatever kind of music he wants to learn. For his last recital, he played "Some Nights" by Fun. Although, the bulk of his instruction is based upon the Suzuki method and he is working his way through those books.

Right now my son is working on the theme from "The Pink Panther" and a Bach piece.

My son's been playing about 2.5 years.

His teacher focuses on whatever kind of music he wants to learn. For his last recital, he played "Some Nights" by Fun. Although, the bulk of his instruction is based upon the Suzuki method and he is working his way through those books.

Right now my son is working on the theme from "The Pink Panther" and a Bach piece.

It is all Lilting Banshee and Nail that Catfish to the Tree here.