New album. New way of releasing -- One By One: FREE

So, I have decided that, until I have 10-11 songs uploaded, and/or 35 minutes, when I call it complete and move on to the next collection, I will offer the album, and each song individually, as (a) free download(s).

There are now 4 songs, and an alternate version, uploaded and ready so far. I would love of you all to have it all for free, so keep watching it and download each song as I put it up. That way you will be CERTAIN to get it all for free!

Anyway, that is the news about this record right now. I hope that you like it so far, that you will take advantage of the free downloads, and that you will like everything else that is coming, down the pike.

Thanks!
https://hoponpop.ban...lbum/one-by-one

• 4 months later...

Sessions went great!

The band pretty much nailed both songs. Only thing that I had trouble with were the harmony vocals, but the engineer is an amazing singer and is going to add some subtle harmonies here and there.
Plus, on the one song, I think that I recorded the best guitar solo that I have ever played. It's also the hardest rocking thing that I've done since my early 90s punk bands.
WOOT!

I'll post when the mixes are done.

• 1 month later...

The first of the 2 songs that I recorded back in January is done.

Please listen. And, please download, if you like it. I've set the pricing for no minimum, so it's free, if you like.

"We Made It To the Middle"

Would love to hear what you think.

• 4 weeks later...

THE SECOND OF MY 2 NEW SONGS

(that's a link)

Seriously, this is about as hard rocking a song as I have done since forming this band. 

Equal parts Material Issue and Hüsker Dü, I think.
Anyway, it also has maybe the best guitar solo that I have committed to tape (yeah, I played this one). I'm really proud of it.

Also… free download if you like it.

Hope you check it out.

Somebody?
Anybody check out either of these songs?
Would love to know.

Much prefer the first one to the second. To my ears the first has shades of mid period a Teenage Fanclub b-side/e.p. track and the second has some slight REM going on in there somewhere. Didn't get any Mould/Huskers at all.

Thanks..

Much prefer the first one to the second. To my ears the first has shades of mid period a Teenage Fanclub b-side/e.p. track and the second has some slight REM going on in there somewhere. Didn't get any Mould/Huskers at all.

Thanks..

I'm just happy that you listened to them. And happier still that you liked at least one of them. Thanks so much for checking it out!

• 11 months later...

Just finished writing my first song in almost 2 years! Yeah, it's been a long dry spell. When writer's block gets me, it gets me bad. Still needs some tweaks, lyrically (and maybe a couple of chord changes, too) but it's basically done.

Big sigh of relief.

Gonna talk to some of the guys and see if and when they are interested in getting into the studio to get the next tune on to the record.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished writing my first song in almost 2 years! Yeah, it's been a long dry spell. When writer's block gets me, it gets me bad. Still needs some tweaks, lyrically (and maybe a couple of chord changes, too) but it's basically done.

Big sigh of relief.

Gonna talk to some of the guys and see if and when they are interested in getting into the studio to get the next tune on to the record.

Man, I know that feeling. But there's nothing like it when a song does come along after a dry spell. You feel like you walk a little taller in the world. 

• 1 year later...

Just so you know...

The Hop On Pop album is now at 8 songs. And, while it is nearing completion, it is still available for free (name your price) download.

However, those folks who have shown their support by paying something for the incomplete, in-process album DL, WILL receive the full, completed (and mastered) album once it is available. It's only fair.
Thanks so much for that support!