Shovels and Rope High Water Fest 2018

The second year of this festival, has probably the single greatest artist roster playing for a small festival i have ever seen. Everything from the music, to the venue, to the culinary delights all wrapped up in a limited (10,000) attended two day festival. This is the first year i will be going, but if the reviews from last year, and what i anticipate for this year,  it could be on par with Solid Sound and New Port Folk.

http://www.highwaterfest.com/#artists

I attended last year and can vouch for its greatness, especially considering it was the festival's first year. Here's a little review I wrote on last year's festivities. 

http://clture.org/high-waters-debut-joyful-family-affair/

Can't wait to return - they really know how to curate a lineup!

Thanks, great review. 

Do you know if there is long lineup before the gates open to secure a decent spot at one of the stages, or was it pretty relaxed entry? 

• 2 weeks later...

It was pretty laid back. The main stage may have had a few folks lining up but not the second stage.

This will sell out but there were lots of tickets to be had near face value on stub hub last year.

The comparison to Solid Sound (I was at the second one) are not too off base. I saw the artists out and about a lot more at Solid Sound. Food was better at High Water, even without the fancy add on options. Drink options were better at Solid Sound.  Little more things for kids at Solid Sound, my 10 year old was pretty bored at High Water.