Wilco — 15 November 2019, Cedar Rapids, IA (Paramount Theatre)

While Ye Olde Sit-Versus-Stand Debate threatened to mar this show, in the end it was rendered a moot point by Wilco's sonic onslaught. More from the land of T-shirt song requests and other oddities when I get a chance, but the band's Cedar Rapids (don't call it CRap) debut was hardly dull...

For now, here was the complete setlist as played (didn't glimpse a printed setlist, so can't say if there were any changes):

Bright Leaves

Before Us

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

War On War

Handshake Drugs

Side With The Seeds

One and a Half Stars

Hummingbird

White Wooden Cross

Via Chicago

How To Fight Loneliness

Bull Black Nova

Random Name Generator

Reservations

Impossible Germany

Jesus, etc.

We Were Lucky

Love Is Everywhere (Beware)

Box Full Of Letters

Everyone Hides

I'm Always In Love

Dawned On Me

I'm The Man Who Loves You

Hold Me Anyway

Misunderstood

----------------------------------

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)

The Late Greats

I'm A Wheel

The last time I saw Wilco in a sit-down theater (TWL tour), I left disappointed. I don't know if it was the crowd or the band, but I decided part of it was the setting. I think I was wrong. Last night's show may have been my favorite. They were great. The OTJ songs jumped of the stage in a way that surprised me. Lots of faves including closing with I'm A Wheel.

I was in an area where people were sitting most of the time. The seats directly behind me were empty, so I didn't hear complaints when I stood alone from time to time. I thought the crowd was very receptive and the band gave them exactly what they wanted.

I vacillated on going because of my last sit-down expeerience. So glad I went. Thanks for the recap and setlist, bbop.