Wilco — 8 October 2023, Monterey, CA (Monterey County Fair and Event Center) [Rebels & Renegades Music Festival; Day 3 of 3]

Just doing a bit of housekeeping on here, as I am wont to do, to try and make sure that no show falls through the cracks. Did anybody on here actually go to this festival? See Wilco's set in person? If so, how was it?

According to the good folks at Wilcoworld, here was the complete setlist for Wilco's scheduled 100-minute headlining set on the Steelhead Stage (the band was preceded by Shakey Graves and Elle King):

Infinite Surprise

Handshake Drugs

I Am My Mother

Cruel Country

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Soldier Child

Side With The Seeds

Hummingbird

Misunderstood

Cousin

Bird Without A Tail/Base Of My Skull

Impossible Germany

Evicted

Jesus, etc.

The Late Greats

Falling Apart (Right Now)

California Stars

Heavy Metal Drummer

A Shot In The Arm

Hi @bböp, I signed up to respond.

I spent last weekend at this festival and Wilco was one of my key reasons to do so.

After two hot days on Friday and Saturday, Sunday was much cooler and possibly as a result the crowd was smaller.

I was able to get close to the front for Wilco. I've included a pic.

I thoroughly enjoyed the set, more than my hometown show in London in August. Good mix of songs and it was nice to hear California Stars in California, sadly there were no stars visible.

IMG_1397.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
12 hours ago, imanadultnow said:

Hi @bböp, I signed up to respond.

I spent last weekend at this festival and Wilco was one of my key reasons to do so.

After two hot days on Friday and Saturday, Sunday was much cooler and possibly as a result the crowd was smaller.

I was able to get close to the front for Wilco. I've included a pic.

I thoroughly enjoyed the set, more than my hometown show in London in August. Good mix of songs and it was nice to hear California Stars in California, sadly there were no stars visible.

Hey, thanks for the report and for signing up to make it! Glad to hear at least some details about the goings-on there, and that you enjoyed the set. Cheers!