Wilco - 5 July 2024, Chautauqua, NY (Chautauqua Ampitheater)

The last show of Wilco’s “Tour to Infinity” might be one of the most bizarre Wilco shows I’ve ever been to.

Let’s start with the venue - a covered amphitheater with pew seating in the midst of a quaint, elitist town - reminding me heavily of the civilization the characters escaped to at the end of the movie “Bird Box”.

I have a feeling Wilco will not be invited back, as the show was probably the most raucous the venue has had, and the woman who gave the introduction to the bands seemed very displeased as she tried to coral dancing people out of the aisles and front towards the end of the show.

There really was not much to report from the banter corner, as the band probably wanted to play as many songs as they could before the curfew (as evidenced by the omission of the last two songs on the set list).

Jeff took a moment to thank the tech and sound crew for all their hard work during the tour, and stated before “Company in my Back” that the song is always requested by their sound guy Jared. 
Speaking of requests, Jeff said that they played the song for Jared instead of taking audience requests into consideration, of which Jeff said were “odd” (possibly regarding my handful of requests for “Let’s Not Get Carried Away”.).

During the climax of Misunderstood, Jeff accidentally omitted the last two “So Misunderstood”s and went into “I’d like to thank you all” too early, which through the rest of the band a little bit off, but they were able to recover.

Anyway, here was the set for the night (“Monday” and “Outtasite” were on the set list as the last two songs, but were not played).

Misunderstood

Forget the Flowers

Handshake Drugs

At Least That’s What You Said

I Am My Mother

Cruel Country

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Meant to Be

Annihilation 

Hummingbird 

Side with the Seeds

Evicted