Steel Tabs

Does anyone have any lap steel tabs for any Wilco tunes? I've asked before but only for specific songs, and never with any luck. I'd love to be able to play the Kicking Television version of "Jesus etc" or the KCRW rendition of "When The Roses Bloom Again". Or any Wilco tune for 6 string lap.

Well if it's in open G then it shouldn't be too difficult to figure out his songs. I'm trying to get the KCRW "When Roses Bloom Again" but my ears aren't too good. It's nice to see there's more steelist on these boards.

What is a good lap steel? I've been playing slide for a while but I have never been comfortable putting that pole on the neck to really get the sound going. Let me rephrase the question: What is a good lap steel to buy for a decent price?

What is a good lap steel? I've been playing slide for a while but I have never been comfortable putting that pole on the neck to really get the sound going. Let me rephrase the question: What is a good lap steel to buy for a decent price?

I bought one of those $60 Artisan jobs - they seem to get the job done.

Nels' parts on Airline are just improvisation on an E major scale. His signature riff is just:

G#.... A G# F# E G#

the actualy tab would depend on the tuning used

I bought one of those $60 Artisan jobs - they seem to get the job done.

Nels' parts on Airline are just improvisation on an E major scale. His signature riff is just:

G#.... A G# F# E G#

the actualy tab would depend on the tuning used

For some reason I thought the OP was asking about Airline instead of Jesus Etc. I actually have a rough tab at home for Jesus Etc... one caveat is that I play in C6 tuning so the tab wont be any use to people playing in open G (unless someone wants to convert it to an open G tab)

I could probably convert it to open G!

The Artisans are suppose to be nice, for their price, and now they have legs, which is cool, I might buy me one to keep in an alternate tuning. I have the Fender FS-52 (the white version). It sounds just as good as it looks, it's probably around 350 US. (grr! I swear I posted this last night!)

Edited by Halcyon