So let's put all the neo-Luddite NIMBYistic palaver about cell phone towers, toxic chemicals in our food, powerlines causing horrid diseases and other indictments of Science by hippies and other schizos to rest, shall we?

All is well

I've always recoiled at the phrase, "It's all good"! It's never all good. Some of it may be good, most of it could be good, but not all of it, not for any extended length of time. It ultimately goes bad, no matter what...

Taken in the aggregate, perhaps not. We as a species are healthier and living longer, thanks largely to good old capital 's' Science, which is merely the most efficient application of our biological brain power. As long as we keep from global warming ourselves to death, I foresee the Star Trek world in about 100 years or so.

The Star Trek world is now!! When I see people whip out their cell phones, I definitely see traces of Kirk and Spock with their communicators.

The Star Trek future is now...phasers on stun.