New Tom Waits Album 3 disc Box Set!!

Tom Waits has a new Album(or should I say Albums) Box Set coming out entitled "Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards"

More about it:

Includes a 94 page booklet in a cigar box 3cd set. All packaging has been put together by Tom Waits himself and the set includes 30 new songs along with rarities, b-sides and bits and pieces from his whole career.

there's also talk about Tom wanting put out a dvd of all his music videos saying but first they need people to sign off on the rights.

What Tom said about it:

"We're doing a thing called "Orphans," a lot of songs that fell behind the stove while making dinner, about 60 tunes that we collected. Some are from films, some from compilations. Some is stuff that didn't fit on a record, things I recorded in the garage with kids. Oddball things, orphaned tunes."

- Tom Waits

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS!!!!! :dancing :rock any thoughts or comments?

just an add for the set not the album cover:

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3537/34.../orphansad1.jpg

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3537/34.../orphansad2.jpg

Edited by WiNoNa CrAzY

Tomorrow night at the Opera House after waiting 17 years to see him again, and now a box set of "orphans." My head is going to EXPLODE.

Tomorrow night at the Opera House after waiting 17 years to see him again, and now a box set of "orphans." My head is going to EXPLODE.

and the set includes 30 new songs I know I'm going out of my mind too!! :D

I'm so off Waits right now. Jesus, buddy, TOUR. Don't fuck around in a bunch of clustered cities in the heartland. Fucking TOUR.

I know I agree but maybe he'll add more dates later I mean there is 3 months till this album comes out so fingers crossed he'll tour more!

Hopefully. I have the worst luck with Waits. Not only are most of his dates either an ocean away or on the opposite side of the continent to me, when he finally springs a surprise club date on us, it's within three hours' drive of me and after I've blown my summer concert budget.

ARRRRRGH. TOM. JESUS.

I'll always love him, but I think he does this to torture me. Personally. Yep.

• 1 month later...

Bump! :D

in case anyone is interested a new Tom Waits song from "Orphans" is now up at ANTI:

it's called "Bottom of the World" and it sounds great I love it!!!!:

actually this myspace page has it up and it goes faster so use this link

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endID=112782413

Edited by WiNoNa CrAzY
I never heard his own Down There By The Train. Was that available before?

No, but that is on "Orphans" he wrote it for Johnny Cash I just don't know if it going to be that version or if he rerecoreded it for orphans that's just his studio version from I forget what year sorry hope that helps.

Edited by WiNoNa CrAzY

Here more on "Orphans" from ANTI plus Tom talks about "Orphans"

Here is Tom talking about "Orphans"

When I was small I always thought that songwriters sat alone at upright pianos in cramped smoky little rooms with a bottle and an ashtray and everything came in the window blew through them and came out of the piano as a song

:dancing Well... I'm excited!!!!!

Get Tom Waits tracks for free

Download tasters from new 3CD album

Tom Waits fans can download three tracks from his forthcoming album for free.

The veteran singer is releasing a 3CD set called 'Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards' on November 20th[EUR]21st[uS]. However, one song from each of the CDs will be available on the website Anti.com throughout October.

From next week (October 3), fans will be able to download 'Bottom Of The World' - a track taken from the 'Brawlers' CD - and 'You Can Never Hold Back Spring' from 'Bawlers'.

They will be followed by 'Road to Peace', a track from 'Brawlers', on October 17.

A fourth 'Orphans' track, 'Long Way Home', will be available as a digital download single on October 23.

'Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers and Bastards' is a 54-song set, 30 of which are new. The set is a limited edition which comes complete with a 94-page booklet. Once the initial pressing has been sold, the set will never again be available in this format.

The collection includes 'interpretations' of songs by The Ramones, Daniel Johnston, Kurt Weill & Bertolt Brecht, Leadbelly, Sparklehorse, Charles Bukowski and Jack Kerouac.

Clips of each of the songs on the three CDs will be streamed, also on Anti.com, starting with 'Bawlers' on October 24, and followed by 'Brawlers' on October 31 and 'Bastards' on November 7. Each will be on the website for one week only.

Edited by WiNoNa CrAzY