Fuck, Just when i get into a band

I am always 5 or so years too late with bands.

I start really liking the Deadly Snakes, their latest cd gets nominated for a Polaris Prize, and then they break up:

The Deadly Snakes

Polaris Prize nominees The Deadly Snakes have announced that they are disbanding after 10 years and 4 records. August 25th at the Horseshoe Tavern in Toronto will be your last chance to see this amazing gang of musicians when they play a double set to a full house of adoring fans. Long live The Deadly Snakes!

But the press release goes on with some hope...

Andre Ethier

Sometimes, when something really great is over, something really great comes out of it. I cant really think of a general example in everyday life, but those of us who attended Andre Ethier intimate CD release performance at Soundscapes yesterday can bear testament to this fact. The soon to be former Deadly Snakes members set marked the August 8th release of his second solo album, Secondathallam. Armed with a Ukelele, a few gorgeous songs and disarming sincerity, we swooned with admiration and were left wanting more. We will just have to wait patiently until the official CD release party:

17-Aug Toronto, ON - The Silver Dollar (with Horsey Craze)

This show will be followed by a fall tour across Canada with The Sadies but the tour schedule is not confirmed and Im not allowed to make things up. Sorry. I can confirm that Ed Gass-Donnelly will be shooting a video for the beautiful song In With the Prim very soon.

Now, I believe that Horsey Craze is a mixture of the Constantines and the Sadies doing Neil Young covers - but I may be wrong. Anyway - 2 really good shows to bid the old goodbye and ring in the new.

Edited by lizish
Oh, damnit. I've been digging them for a few years now, and they will indeed be missed.

At least Andre's solo album is good. So there is some hope for the future.

I am soo getting into the 2003 'with Christopher Sandes featuring Pickles and Price'. Ethier is turning into one of my 'Can do no wrong' artists.