There's going to be a service where you can download old-school games and play them on the Wii. So, you'll be able to play old-skool Perfect Dark or old-skoool Goldeneye and whip your friends. I'm not sure about online capabilities for these games (e.g. massive programming overhauling might be needed) but it sure damn sounds good. Especially playing The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the fucking awesome Wii.

No, you won't be able to play those two games. The developer, Rare, is now owned by Microsoft which will not allow the license for the virtual console at this time. However, the Donkeykong game Rare developed will possibly be available. The Rare team has already stated that those two games won't be though! :ohwell

Plus, Ocarina and Majora's Mask were re-released/packaged with the Gamecube. The Wii is backwards compatable with the GC, so you may not even have to d/l it.

Plus, Ocarina and Majora's Mask were re-released/packaged with the Gamecube. The Wii is backwards compatable with the GC.

For those who missed out on it...

Games that might be online-compat and can be "clanned":

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

2. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

3. Project H.A.M.M.E.R. (????)

There's also a couple of third-party games that have this possibility. I'll check my GameInformer mag and get back to this.

edit: in terms of Super Smash Bros. Brawl (SSBB for ease), Pit will probably be broken and pwn all. here: http://www.smashbros.com/en/main.html

Edited by poortranslator