So, next week I am going to see a show in Nashville at the Mercy Lounge and was wondering if any of you Nashville (or ex-Nashville) people could tell me anything about it? I'm looking for a hotel near there too, and I found a place called Room In the Inn... do you guys know anything about it? There's also a Holiday Inn near there too.

So, next week I am going to see a show in Nashville at the Mercy Lounge and was wondering if any of you Nashville (or ex-Nashville) people could tell me anything about it? I'm looking for a hotel near there too, and I found a place called Room In the Inn... do you guys know anything about it? There's also a Holiday Inn near there too.

I spent 4 years there for college (vanderbilt). This city has changed dramatically since then. I've only been back a couple of times.

It looks like the place you're going is downtown, and there are dozens of things to do in that area these days. My best suggestion would be to walk the downtown streets, and peek in some of the various bars and music clubs and see what you can find.

If you want to soak up a little of the local home-cooked-style food, then you must hit these places:

Rotier's

Sylvan Park (diner)

As for hotels, the Holiday Inn at 2613 WEST END AVE is always a safe bet--although it's right by Vanderbilt campus, which may not be best for you if you're staying in the downtown area most of the trip.

The Courtyard by Marriott's not bad either: Marriott

I would think any of the downtown holiday inns would suffice as well.

If you're there on the weekend, you've got to stroll up and down the downtown streets in the afternoon--there's some cheesy country places, but every once in awhile you'll encounter a true bluegrass or old timey (willie/waylon/merle) country outfit that are perfect for sipping beers to.

I HIGHLY suggest taking a stroll around the Vanderbilt campus, purely for the, uh, coed scenery.

Nashville is a fantastic town, I miss it quite often. but then again, college is fantastic, so that may color my memory a bit...