set you free

everywhere i go

10 am automatic

no trust w/ uncle ralph carney

have love will travel

encore:

strange desire > the flame

grown so ugly

the fillmore was absolutely amazing, it was open dance floor and my friend(capn_j) and i got there early and i was able to end up maybe ~8 feet from the stage, slightly left of center. the opening band was called "beaten awake" and was from the same town the black keys were from. they sounded like wilco+mmj+black keys, and they were decent, but from the first song the black keys were just amazing. all of the magic potion songs they played were at least 3-4x better and more intense than the record's versions. dan/pat were on fire and it was hottt-t-t-tt. it was my first time hearing them live and the intensity and raw energy of them live just blows away their sound on the albums. i had a blast and hope i have the priviledge of seeing them again :D

I'm going to see the black keys this saturday at the fillmore in san francisco' date=' and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting the most out of a fillmore show. Where to park, where to eat dinner, best time to get there...etc. It will be my first show there and I want to get the most out of it :D

:thumbup

Thanks![/quote']

Edited by jackelpdw
I'm going to see the black keys this saturday at the fillmore in san francisco, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for getting the most out of a fillmore show. Where to park, where to eat dinner, best time to get there...etc. It will be my first show there and I want to get the most out of it :D

:thumbup

Thanks!

I've always had pretty good luck with street parking. But keep in mind I used to live in the Haight-Asbury, and I consider only looking for 10-15 minutes pretty good luck. If you dont have that kind of patience, there's a paid lot underneath the AMC Kubuki movie theater at Geary and Fillmore. If you like Japanese food, there are many great options in the neighborhood (I think I usually ate at home so I'd have more money for beer :beer )

It's GA, so go early if you want to get up front. I dont know how quick the hall will fill up for the Black Keys though...

It's a great theater. Saw Wilco there 9 years ago - wish I could relive that again!

I second what jhc said and want to add that Fillmore Street is buzzing with restaurants, cafes, pizzerias, taquerias, and so on. Just remember to go uphill, as you won't find much yummy eats the other way. (Panda Express = gag.)

The Fillmore itself holds about 1,200 people. Unless you're way early, you probably won't be able to snag one of the tables in the balcony, but I prefer the floor myself. At some Fillmore shows (usually the ones that have sold out in a decent amount of time), they give out free posters after the gig, but they run out quickly, so don't linger too long after the house lights come up.