Built to Spill @ Metro, Sept 15 + 16

Built to Spill was raucous and great last night at Metro. The new songs sound excellent and the old songs make me really happy.

Setlist:

Traces

Sidewalk

Goin' Against Your Mind

*new song* ("and when you're gone/you're gone/and when you're here/you're wrong" ??)

another mystery (new?) song ("I need a ride across the frozen Amazon...desperate me/desperately/you and me"?)

The Plan

Made Up Dreams

instrumental with video about ecology activists in the background

Distopian Dream Girl

Re Arrange (Gladiators cover)

Kicked it in the Sun

Conventional Wisdom

Broken Chairs

Looked forward to another show from Doug + co tonight! :cheers

• 3 weeks later...

i forgot to post!

the second night nearly literally wiped me off my feet. the first three songs - woah! :wub

overall I'm glad to have a package deal of both nights, but Saturday will be etched in my memory for quite a while. The artwork was pretty cool too. http://www.mikescheer.com/ I have my eye on a couple pieces B)

La, can you post the set list for that night?

I just saw them Monday night in Boston. Was pretty impressed but dissapointed by 2 things. First the fact that none of the band move whatsoever and it gets dull to watch. And second I thought they were getting a little indulgent with the excessive jams at the end of a lot of the songs but overall pretty good show. Great sound and really powerful with 3 guitars up there.

I just saw them Monday night in Boston. Was pretty impressed but dissapointed by 2 things. First the fact that none of the band move whatsoever and it gets dull to watch. And second I thought they were getting a little indulgent with the excessive jams at the end of a lot of the songs but overall pretty good show. Great sound and really powerful with 3 guitars up there.

Yeah, Doug's not the chattiest dude, but I love watching him play guitar. Where did they play in Boston? I saw them play a couple nights at the Paradise a few years ago and they were fantastic shows.

i forgot to post!

the second night nearly literally wiped me off my feet. the first three songs - woah! :wub

overall I'm glad to have a package deal of both nights, but Saturday will be etched in my memory for quite a while. The artwork was pretty cool too. http://www.mikescheer.com/ I have my eye on a couple pieces B)

La, can you post the set list for that night?

Why Kristina, I thought you'd never ask! :P

I'll spare everyone the complete setlist, but here are the songs that were new on Saturday:

Liar

Else

Carry the Zero

Randy Described Eternity

Big Dipper

Untrustable

ps. Kyle, why in the hell haven't you piped up yet? :(

ps. Kyle, why in the hell haven't you piped up yet? :(

i went to the first night of the Minneapolis 2 night First Ave stand... it was pretty good... not even remotely close to the best i've seen BTS, but certainly better than their '03 shows when they weren't touring for anything whatsoever.

the 2nd night setlist looked a lot nicer though. i was at Eric Bachmann & Richard Buckner that night, and while good, i prolly shoulda just gone to BTS, i had a ticket from April and everything. ah well.

the one thing that bugged me so much about the first night, is they played 4 or 5 NEW new songs, like newer than YIR, and they played them all within maybe a 6 or 7 song stretch. while a couple of the new songs were quite good, the crowd (myself included) were getting pretty bored/restless by the end of it, but thankfully they came back w/ The Plan :rock

the closing 20+ min Broken Chairs was nice tho :thumbup

i went to the first night of the Minneapolis 2 night First Ave stand... it was pretty good... not even remotely close to the best i've seen BTS, but certainly better than their '03 shows when they weren't touring for anything whatsoever.

the 2nd night setlist looked a lot nicer though. i was at Eric Bachmann & Richard Buckner that night, and while good, i prolly shoulda just gone to BTS, i had a ticket from April and everything. ah well.

the one thing that bugged me so much about the first night, is they played 4 or 5 NEW new songs, like newer than YIR, and they played them all within maybe a 6 or 7 song stretch. while a couple of the new songs were quite good, the crowd (myself included) were getting pretty bored/restless by the end of it, but thankfully they came back w/ The Plan :rock

the closing 20+ min Broken Chairs was nice tho :thumbup

Thank you for adding your two cents, K-Train. :cheekkiss

Yeah, we got two new new songs within a three song stretch and I thought the timing was bizarre.

I too love the 20+ minute Broken Chairs, but found it slightly less enchanting when they did it as the encore again the second night. That's just not ok.