hey friends,

i am getting into GBV. ironically, i am from dayton, oh and never cared for them till now. i remember this dude playing them constantly in a record shop i worked at there in the mid 90s. anyway, can someone point me in the direction of a good online forum for GBV. also, is there an ftp of their stuff. finally, is it worth trying to get ALL of their singles and eps etc. i can just see their entire catalog of now rare stuff sitting in the bin at gem city records where i worked!

thanks

c

also, is there an ftp of their stuff. finally, is it worth trying to get ALL of their singles and eps etc. i can just see their entire catalog of now rare stuff sitting in the bin at gem city records where i worked!

thanks

c

As far as EPs, the best ones are I Am I Scientist, Jellyfish Reflector, Tigerbomb, and the one that has Shocker in Gloomtown on it (forget it's title).

DTS should be able to point you in the direction of a ton of shows!

Don't become obsessive about it. Stick to the good ep's that were already mentioned or the mini albums like Pipe Dreams of the Instant Prince Whippet, Daredevil Stamp Collectior, Sunfish Holy Breakfast.

thanks so much for the advice. i have shyed away from gbv just so i wouldn't have to hunt down a bunch of stuff. will stick with the good stuff. peace. :cheers

as with the GBV forum this forum is full of dicks like you with nothing better to do than troll these posts and add ridiculous comments like the one above. you think you're so god damn cool with your independence. it's rock and roll asshole! go fuck yourself.

c

???

I don't think I should be setting off any alarms by promoting independent choice making as opposed to following someone elses preferrences so staunchly. Listen to as much shit as you want if you're interested, don't be relegated to the suggestions of some message board stranger. "it's rock and roll asshole!"...I'm not sure what that has to do with anything, you're just being really ambiguous while simultaneously angry.

As for GBV, I tihkn that they are quintessential, and listen to a lot of them. Bee Thousand is one of the best albums of all time, IMO.