Chicago recording questions...

Namaste Y'all,

i'm trying to decide if i will blow the family off for a night [or two :devil] and see Wilco. I was wondering how many tapers were going to be there. I assume it is a tape-from-yer-seat kinda deal: anyone hear otherwise? Balcony vs. Orchestra RE: acoustics?

thanks

and

perhaps i'll see ya there!

richard from flagstaff :music

Not much traffic around VC these days, so don't feel bad nobody responded. Wilco's between albums, it's holiday time, etc etc.

I'm not a taper, but the acoustics at Auditorium are overall really good. I have sat in a few places where they were so-so, but probably the best sound I had was on the floor, back a few rows ( I think I was around row S), and center, obviously close to where the sound board is. I'm sure there will be some tapers, there always are. But go for it!

And I highly recommend blowing off the family for a few days. ;) Last time I did the "be responsible and attend the family function" thing - I really regretted it. Life's too short. They see you plenty often enough. You live with them, right? So go have some fun. :shifty :rock