Black Orchid Supper Club in Chicago

I was thinking about going to the Glen Phillips show. It's about the only venue in Chicago that I've never been to. Hell, I don't even know anyone that has been there. The ticket price is $25 before all of the convenience charges. I'm not really that big of a fan but will have a couple of people in from out of town that are interested. What is the place like? I'm assuming that the venue is part of the reason for the big charges. Not sure why he would choose that place over the dozens of great places that are about the same size.

Yea, I have only been there once and frankly I would avoid it again, unless you really want to see someone there. It is a big glitzy room with expensive drinks (although the seats are not all that crowded together strangely.)

Both Kris and Brianne have told you everything you need to know. It is not a typical Chicago club at all, more like a cabaret really. It isn't a rock club at all, no posters and graffiti on the walls.

LouieB

I'm SOLD!! Thanks guys! Well, it looks like we are going despite the shitty venue and expensive tickets. The good news is that Glen's new album seems to be his best from what I have listened thus far. I hear pretty good things about his live performances. I still wonder why he would choose this place over the countless phenomenal venues in Chicago.