Smoking Popes in my backyard...

So, that whole Popes reunion thing is going to stop off at my favorite neighborhood pub/eatery this Saturday (Durty Nellie's in Palatine)...I can literally walk there. Tickets at the door are pretty steep ($25) and, as i've turned into an old man, it's a late start on daylightsavingstime eve...anybody wanna' tell me it's worth it/not worth it?

On a related note, Sam/Dreamin' Judy/Tualla, i'm getting the hook up for free tix to the Sloan's Metro show in May...if you can pull any strings, please tell them to bring the rock. Thanks!

On a related note, Sam/Dreamin' Judy/Tualla, i'm getting the hook up for free tix to the Sloan's Metro show in May...if you can pull any strings, please tell them to bring the rock. Thanks!

I've never known Sloan to be anything but rockin' live, no matter what album they are promoting. The Metro should be a good venue for them. (I think Sam has seen them there before?) :monkey :monkey

fwiw, i saw the popes about a year ago and had an absolute blast.

I have seen them a couple times since the reunion and I can tell you this, you won't be disappointed, unless you are too late to get a ticket....go for it.

LouieB