Mountain Goats

donna! this review is a bit...um...brief. :yeaahh

no mentions of pudding, no pictures.

hmm.

sorry i missed this one. thanks for the call. i was laid out last weekend with some virus. lame!

Good show. You shoulda heard "Pigs that ran straightaway into the water" It kicked asses and donkeys both. People were left sockless and shoeless. John & Peter were fabulous and melodious and hilarious and several other "ous" words. :worship The pretty and mellow and sometimes heartbreaking songs from "Get Lonely" were more powerful than I can describe which is why I won't. Oh and drummer Jon Wurster (Superchunk) was deliriously dynamic. There were no photos because cameras were barred from the proceedings although if pressed I might be able to provide you with several bad line drawings that approximate the scene.

I got autographs and a very warm handshake from John D. and only stammered a few inane comments before drooling a bit on myself in abject adulation. I think John D. got away unscathed. I have had the line, "I come from Chino, so all your threats are empty" bouncing & ricocheting around in my head ever since the show. But as I pointed out to John D., I come from Riverside, and Chino doesn't actually seem so awful, from my perspective. In high school, we used to hit the infamous "Chino Auction"....a big outdoor mart....every September to buy school clothes. It was both fun and strange, but they had some nice stuff. Reasonable prices, too. :thumbup

Is that enough review for you, Evonne? My typing finger is getting sore. :huh Did I tell you about our big, boisterous singalong finale of Thin Lizzy's "The Boys are Back in Town"? Pure goofy loud fun, with the girls from the opening act, Pony Up, joining in. They were pretty good too.

Damn your virus, you shoulda been there. Are you well or do I need to put chicken soup in the mail? :brow

PS - The only thing I can fault in this astonishing show might be the serious dearth of pudding, but there was Guinness at least. :beer

"artist's rendering?"

ahh, thank you for elaborating a bit. :cheekkiss i really did want to see this show. i think my whirlwind trip to athens, ga last week left me ripe for getting sick. still, that trip was worth every cough and tissue. JE NE REGRET RIEN!

so this week...will you be seeing any shows? i've got helio sequence, sondre lerche and apples in stereo lined up. the new job may have me miss one or two, but i'm going to do my best to see them all. the odds are in my favor for helio and apples: they are both at spaceland/echo. super close to home, and late starting clubs. :pirate

oh! you am i is playing april 1. a sunday. again: have a ticket, may miss due to work.