Any Fred Neil fans?

Just picked up Bleeker and Mcdougal the other day and have listened to it repeatedly since, this is my favorite record in a long long time.

Conjures up some of my favorites, Dylan, Johnny Cash, Workingmans Dead era Dead.

www.myspace.com/fredneil

Even dead old folk rockers have a myspace page.

I love his self-titled album, but that's all I've heard. I need to check out more.

That one has the original versions of "Everybody's Talkin'" and "Dolphins," both of which have been covered a fair amount.

I love his self-titled album, but that's all I've heard. I need to check out more.

That one has the original versions of "Everybody's Talkin'" and "Dolphins," both of which have been covered a fair amount.

i'm looking forward to hearing that one, I just ordered it this morning.

Everybody's Talkin' is one of my very favorite songs. I heard a renegade tape of Stills doing a rendition with Fred Neil a long time ago. When Stills could sing. I believe he was a big influence on Stills way back in the Greenwich Village scene. B)

love him. i have many sides of fred neil which is a double disc of his releases after Bleecker & MacDougal, and a two fer disc with tear down the walls & b&m.

so if you grab many sides and the two fer, you'll have his discography.

www.fredneil.com

Back in the late 50s and early 60s Fred was the man in Greenwich Village. Interesting stuff about him in Dave Van Ronk's autobiography. I have original vinyl copies of a couple of his albums, not in very good shape though.

LouieB

Back in the late 50s and early 60s Fred was the man in Greenwich Village. Interesting stuff about him in Dave Van Ronk's autobiography. I have original vinyl copies of a couple of his albums, not in very good shape though.

LouieB

I read a truly amazing piece in MOJO about Neil several yrs ago, causing me to go out and pick up a two-CD comp. I never really listened to it much, unfortunately, and ultimately sold it back. I owe this guy another visit.

Rb